5 Korean Superstitions you Should know about probably
Yesterday i purchased a lottery admission and gave my girlfriend that is korean a footwear. We visited sleep delighted and dreamt of pigs through the night. The morning that is next woke up and my girlfriend had been gone, she took every thing such as the brand brand new set of footwear. Sad and confused we decided to test my lottery solution and do you know what, we won!
Every tradition on earth has odd and superstitions being unique Korea is no exception. Listed below are 5 Korean superstitions that you probably werenвЂ™t alert to.
1. Providing footwear (footwear, slippers, shoes) as a present to the one you love. Koreans think that getting programs as a present will destroy the partnership. The person within the partnership whom gets the footwear willвЂ™вЂrun away from their significant other. Are you currently in a relationship that is awkward a Korean woman or child? Provide them with a set of brand new footwear to end the connection quickly and painlessly!
2. Four (4) may be the true amount of death! Can you go on the floor that is fourth of apartment building? You better go soon or suffer the consequenceвЂ¦death that is ultimate. Or possibly perhaps not. Although KoreanвЂ™s fear the quantity 4 much like exactly just just how western cultures worry the quantity 13, the reason why behind their hatred for the number that is dreaded a little various. The pronunciation of this term death and four are essentially identical in Korean (both terms are pronounced вЂsaвЂ™ or вЂsahвЂ™). Counting to 5 in Korean goes something similar to this: one, two, three, death, five. Due to the pronunciation similarities numerous Korean structures miss the 4 th floor (in other words. the 5 th flooring comes following the 3 rd flooring). Does this suggest Korean apartments on the 5 th floor are less costly?
3. Do you really imagine pigs during the night? You will be on your journey to a future that is wealthy! Korean tradition thinks that seeing pigs in your ambitions brings best of luck with cash. Does seeing more pigs represent greater wide range? Good concern, weвЂ™ll need certainly to request information from for clarification.
4. Like to kill somebody discreetly? Write their name having a red ink pen! Another lethal Korean superstition is writing a living personвЂ™s title in red. Old-fashioned Korean tradition makes use of red to publish the names associated with dead and doing the alternative (composing the names associated with the living) is a large no-no and considered really unlucky and possibly life threatening. We wonder exactly exactly how KoreanвЂ™s that is many have killing their foes by over repeatedly composing their title in BDSM support red, unfortuitously we couldnвЂ™t find any data about them. If youвЂ™re teaching English in Korea then we highly discourage you from utilizing a red pen in school. You want them dead if you mistakenly write a studentвЂ™s name in red they may assume.
5. Shifting specific times may bring spirits that are evil for the trip. Numerous Koreans think that going up to a brand new house or apartment needs to be done on a particular time regarding the thirty days. Numerous Korean companies that are moving post вЂgood moving daysвЂ™ and вЂbad moving daysвЂ™ to go on the sites. The explanation for this odd superstition is quite unique. ItвЂ™s thought that wicked spirits or house that is uninvited from the afterlife may follow you to definitely your brand-new house in the event that you move ahead certain times. Fortunately thereвЂ™s a simple treatment for this issue, consult with the going business ahead of time to determine just just exactly what times have actually the smallest amount of likelihood of the undead hitching a trip to your apartment.
Then consider yourself warned if youвЂ™re coming to Korea! Prevent present covered footwear, stay away from the 4 th floor in buildings, check out the dates before you move, refrain from utilizing red pens and in case feasible, you will need to desire pigs during the night!